This project focused on developing a coherent, structured specification for the core parts of the System Architecture Virtual Integration (SAVI) Virtual Integration Process (VIP). Foundation elements under this project include:
- Model Repository structure, definition, and specification
- Data Exchange Layer structure, definition, and specification
- Consistency checking between all models used in the VIP
- Interface definitions between architectural tools and domain-specific analysis tools (identified, prioritized and incorporated into the VIP development scheme)
The project emphasized quantification of the value attributable to the SAVI model-based, architecture-centric VIP for each scenario. The central focus is on a set of safety analyses suggested by the Society of Automotive Engineer’s S-18 and EUROCAE’s WG-63 Committees in AIR 6110.
Feature sets developed include:
- Capability to carry out safety analyses using the SAVI annotated architectural model.
- Based on SAE ARP 4761 and AIR 6110 guidelines and incorporating all the safety analysis tools listed in those documents.
- Support both hardware and software elements (cyber physical elements).
- Capability to virtually integrate hardware and software components with consistency checking that detects anomalies and how they propagate through the annotated architectural model whenever tradeoffs are necessary.
- Confine interest to one iteration through an architectural model (see below).
- Capture all gaps or missing consistency checking factors.
- Capability to analyze a subset of system parameters within the architectural model prior to building a mockup or a breadboard model.
- Illustrate how changes within one subsystem or component propagate to other levels of the system hierarchy.
- Conduct trade studies and use the architectural model to assist in choosing and implementing improvements with the virtual system.
- Developed and released a formal specification for the VIP.
- Developed and released a formal specification for the Model Repository and Model Data Exchange Layer (MR/DEL).
- Demonstrated the SAVI VIP and tool chain for a selected version of the SAE AIR 6110 aircraft braking system safety analyses example.