This project established practical aircraft Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) systems processes and plans in places that resulted in systems that achieved certifiable, maintenance credits.
The project focused on developing a list of the most promising SHM systems (impact, crack, corrosion, repair integrity) and then establishing a development and certification roadmap for the technology most likely to be used to achieve maintenance credit.
- Established a list of candidate SHM systems.
- Selected a system for analysis.
- Established metrics for technical, application and production readiness.
- Defined types of maintenance credit that are to be achieved
- Defined data collection requirements that address certification and maintenance credit needs
- Produced a time-phased project plan for development of the proposed SHM system