This project addressed the fundamental issues encountered in on-board structural load and environmental monitoring.
To define the requirements for on-board structural load & environmental monitoring, researchers
- Determined items to be monitored
- Determined functional requirements for structural load & exceedance monitoring
- Reviewed certification issues
To develop candidate architectures, researchers
- Developed representative operational concept architecture models
- Investigated regulatory issues
- Prepared specifications detailing the functional and performance requirements for the candidate monitoring systems.
- Prepared roadmaps that detail efforts required to develop and certify the candidate architectures.